All Denny Lyon Blogs
- Dennys World News - updates daily on monthly posts collecting US and world news links focused upon global security
- A Truth Journal - news opinion about US and world politics
- Dennys Global Politics - US and world politics, presidential speeches, press releases
- Dennys Funny Quotes - most popular humor blog suitable for general audiences
- The Social Poets - flagship blog that spun off all the other niche blogs, Social Issue Poet (SIP)
- Poems From A Spiritual Heart - general spiritual thoughts, life philosophy paired with photography, exploring spiritual path
- A Christmas Post - where you can enjoy Christmas all year long, collection of my best Christmas posts on music, funny stories, poems and more
- Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - inspirational quotes, counsel, paired with photography
- Best Spiritual Posts - place to collect my best posts on spiritual counsel, spiritual music, connect to other sites offering food for thought
- Warriors Pearl Foundation - started up to help victims of military rape and PTSD with Denny Lyon Gifts @ Cafe Press to raise funds for charities helping vets
- Visual Insights - my photography, flickr friends' photography arranged into themed posts
- The Healing Waters - health posts, PTSD
- The Soul Calendar - witty writing on mostly astronomy, other sciences
- Comfort Food From Louisiana - featuring seafood, collection of great Louisiana food, some chef recipes too
- Romancing The Chocolate - great chocolate recipes, chef recipes, funny quotes about chocolate
- Dennys Food And Recipes - general food blog featuring chef recipes and other interesting ones I find while researching
- Unusual 2 Tasty - crazy but good recipes to expand your idea of food
- Dennys Art Sanctuary - some of my own work, collection of desktop themes by the month
- Dennys World Of Quotes - a growing place for all the quotes employed over the years
- Ouch Outrageous Obnoxious And Odd - less general audience humor
- Dennys People Watching - interesting people in the news
- Dennys Blog Feeds - before the web got easier, express links to all blogs and posts
- Dennys Guest Bloggers - links to all my blogs, when time if found: links to other good writes
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Funny Video: Colbert Claims Obama Takes Credit for Bin Laden Death
From Denny: Only satirical Colbert could sound outraged about the death of a terrorist and how he was buried in proper Muslim tradition and sleeps with the fishes now. Colbert says he is "outraged and he is not the only one whose rage is out."
He goes to Fox News clips of various talking heads upset Obama was respectful of Bin Laden's body. Colbert suggested they basically "bring back the body, stuff it with candy, and let Mexicans swat it with a stick."
Colbert via Glenn Beck goes on to discuss how President Obama received a nine point approval rating bump from the news Bin Laden is dead. To hear Glenn Beck tell it, George Bush or even a simple shoe that ordered the Bin Laden mission - they both would have gotten the approval bump. A shoe? Guess Glenn Beck doesn't think too much of his one time hero, George Bush 43. Of course, Colbert wants to know if that shoe is a Republican.
Now, Colbert yields to The Criticizer in Chief: Rush Limbaugh. Rush accuses Obama of being a Credit Hog about the Bin Laden mission. How dare he. Yeah, and who cares what Windbag Limbaugh has to say - except my UPS guy who drives up with the radio blaring stupidity?
Of course, Obama is also accused of declaring partisanship by asking for unity as Americans. Yeah, it's that socialist agenda again, Rush. Socialist code words for working together and unity are well, working together and unity, says Colbert. "This man is so desperate for a bump in the polls to push his agenda that he took the easy road of killing the world's most wanted man. It's the same reason FDR killed Hitler. He was just pandering to the anti-genocide lobby."
He winds up his silly rant with clips of Karl Rove and Andy Card with Colbert proudly declaring that "George Bush may be out of office but he left behind a couple of real tools."
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Obama Takes Credit for Bin Laden's Assassination
Barack Obama is so desperate for a bump in the polls that he takes the easy road of killing the world's most wanted man.
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
*** Check out Holiday Recipes From Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Global Politics
The Social Poets - news, politics, political cartoon humor
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Dennys Art Sanctuary
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Best Spiritual Posts - my own best as well as links to other spiritual posts from all viewpoints
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Romancing The Chocolate - chocolate recipes and more food
Unusual 2 Tasty - different twists on favorite foods and international
Comfort Food From Louisiana - Cajun, seafood and more comfort food goodies
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Ouch Outrageous Obnoxious And Odd - more crazy humor
Dennys World of Quotes
Dennys Blog Feeds - see what's posting at all Denny's blogs at a glance
Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts Food - an online newspaper