All Denny Lyon Blogs
- Dennys World News - updates daily on monthly posts collecting US and world news links focused upon global security
- A Truth Journal - news opinion about US and world politics
- Dennys Global Politics - US and world politics, presidential speeches, press releases
- Dennys Funny Quotes - most popular humor blog suitable for general audiences
- The Social Poets - flagship blog that spun off all the other niche blogs, Social Issue Poet (SIP)
- Poems From A Spiritual Heart - general spiritual thoughts, life philosophy paired with photography, exploring spiritual path
- A Christmas Post - where you can enjoy Christmas all year long, collection of my best Christmas posts on music, funny stories, poems and more
- Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - inspirational quotes, counsel, paired with photography
- Best Spiritual Posts - place to collect my best posts on spiritual counsel, spiritual music, connect to other sites offering food for thought
- Warriors Pearl Foundation - started up to help victims of military rape and PTSD with Denny Lyon Gifts @ Cafe Press to raise funds for charities helping vets
- Visual Insights - my photography, flickr friends' photography arranged into themed posts
- The Healing Waters - health posts, PTSD
- The Soul Calendar - witty writing on mostly astronomy, other sciences
- Comfort Food From Louisiana - featuring seafood, collection of great Louisiana food, some chef recipes too
- Romancing The Chocolate - great chocolate recipes, chef recipes, funny quotes about chocolate
- Dennys Food And Recipes - general food blog featuring chef recipes and other interesting ones I find while researching
- Unusual 2 Tasty - crazy but good recipes to expand your idea of food
- Dennys Art Sanctuary - some of my own work, collection of desktop themes by the month
- Dennys World Of Quotes - a growing place for all the quotes employed over the years
- Ouch Outrageous Obnoxious And Odd - less general audience humor
- Dennys People Watching - interesting people in the news
- Dennys Blog Feeds - before the web got easier, express links to all blogs and posts
- Dennys Guest Bloggers - links to all my blogs, when time if found: links to other good writes
Friday, April 15, 2011
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations: Self-Absorption: How Do You Find The Road Map To Spiritual Maturity?
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations: Self-Absorption: How Do You Find The Road Map To Spiritual Maturity?: "t's natural we all go through some degrees of self-absorption, especially when we are teenagers and young adults. One aspect of self-absorption is a strong self-nurturing in order just to survive and keep a sanity and balance in life. As teenagers and young adults we self-nurture to develop our individuality and separation from our parents so we can be independent once we start out in our new lives.
Eventually, Life calls us out of that self-nurturing as we learn to pull our attention away from ourselves and place it upon the people around us in our new families, children, our work place. We grow out of self-absorption over time.
But what about the folks around us who are stuck, finding themselves still self-absorbed long beyond the age of their 20's? How can we help them - or ourselves? We may be the self-absorbed person trying to figure out how to get ourselves past being stuck, wanting to take the next step toward greater maturity. We may be attempting to help another person in our lives to grow."
*** LOVE Photo by aliaydogmus35 @ flickr from Izmir, Turkey