All Denny Lyon Blogs
- Dennys World News - updates daily on monthly posts collecting US and world news links focused upon global security
- A Truth Journal - news opinion about US and world politics
- Dennys Global Politics - US and world politics, presidential speeches, press releases
- Dennys Funny Quotes - most popular humor blog suitable for general audiences
- The Social Poets - flagship blog that spun off all the other niche blogs, Social Issue Poet (SIP)
- Poems From A Spiritual Heart - general spiritual thoughts, life philosophy paired with photography, exploring spiritual path
- A Christmas Post - where you can enjoy Christmas all year long, collection of my best Christmas posts on music, funny stories, poems and more
- Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - inspirational quotes, counsel, paired with photography
- Best Spiritual Posts - place to collect my best posts on spiritual counsel, spiritual music, connect to other sites offering food for thought
- Warriors Pearl Foundation - started up to help victims of military rape and PTSD with Denny Lyon Gifts @ Cafe Press to raise funds for charities helping vets
- Visual Insights - my photography, flickr friends' photography arranged into themed posts
- The Healing Waters - health posts, PTSD
- The Soul Calendar - witty writing on mostly astronomy, other sciences
- Comfort Food From Louisiana - featuring seafood, collection of great Louisiana food, some chef recipes too
- Romancing The Chocolate - great chocolate recipes, chef recipes, funny quotes about chocolate
- Dennys Food And Recipes - general food blog featuring chef recipes and other interesting ones I find while researching
- Unusual 2 Tasty - crazy but good recipes to expand your idea of food
- Dennys Art Sanctuary - some of my own work, collection of desktop themes by the month
- Dennys World Of Quotes - a growing place for all the quotes employed over the years
- Ouch Outrageous Obnoxious And Odd - less general audience humor
- Dennys People Watching - interesting people in the news
- Dennys Blog Feeds - before the web got easier, express links to all blogs and posts
- Dennys Guest Bloggers - links to all my blogs, when time if found: links to other good writes
Monday, December 31, 2012
Poems From A Spiritual Heart: New Years Reflection: Wine Glass Abyss: *** In spite of all the negatives going on around us in our daily life these things shall soon pass. Keep your balance and strive to better the world.
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations: New Years: Funny Quotes, Resolutions Tips, Poems: From Denny: Before you stay up all night to ring in the New Year, swill some good champagne and watch the fireworks on TV, catch a laugh here. I rounded up the best and funniest quotes about the New Year. Enjoy some New Year's poems too.
|Thank You cards @ http://www.cafepress.com/dennylyongifts.757042696|
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations: 5 Amazing Hope Quotes: From Denny: Hope. We all know what it feels like when hope blooms deep inside our hearts. We all enjoy it when our minds turn to thoughts of hope lifting us up when we need encouragement.
Considering the tragic shooting of 20 little children and their 6 teachers in Connecticut this month right before the Christmas holiday, the economy and job worries of Americans, Hope seems to be in short supply this season.
Here are a few quotes to jump start your Hope again and pull you out of feeling blue or full blown depressed. Sometimes, Life can get overwhelming. Good people often wonder if all they do in the world and for the people in it is really worth it because it appears on the outside that little has changed. That's why it's good to have a few strategies tucked away in your pocket for just those tough times when you need to pull yourself out of a negative spiral and pump yourself back up with some inspiration.
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
A Christmas Post: True Christmas Story: Funny Christmas Conversations: From Denny: Think back. How much can you remember about the things your parents used to tell you about Santa? This Christmas Eve my husband and I started that conversation. Though we have been married many years there were still some things we did not know about each other.
We laughed about the incredible stories our parents told us on Christmas Eve. It was becoming a contest between whose parents were the most outrageous storytellers.
Do you remember the funny and downright lame excuses your parents used to give you when talking about Santa coming to visit on Christmas Eve? 3 videos.
Enjoy the profound Peace of the Christmas season!
From Denny: Need a little Christmas cheer? Want to enjoy some updated versions of favorite Christmas songs? Here are a few music goodies to get you in the mood for the holiday season now that the gifts have been opened and enjoyed! I've been collecting all my Christmas posts over the years from my too many blogs (23) onto one new blog: A Christmas Post. Check in often to see what's new! OK, I'm now on to start cooking the Christmas dinner. Yum!
'Tis the season, let the angels Rejoice! - check out all the ornaments at Denny Lyon Gifts @ Cafe Press - on sale after Christmas!
Please support Warriors Pearl Foundation - helping homeless female military veterans come home. Visit Denny Lyon Gifts @ CafePress.com - see what's new! Thank you to all those who are supporting this cause. You rock!
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Romancing The Chocolate: Prize Winner: Peppermint-Hot Chocolate Cake, Fudge Filling, Marshmallow Frosting
Romancing The Chocolate: Prize Winner: Peppermint-Hot Chocolate Cake, Fudge Filling, Marshmallow Frosting: From Denny: Love hot chocolate? Thought of making it into a cake? Britainy Shaw, 25, of Louisiana (before that she lived in Texas and before that in Montana) decided it was a brilliant idea. She heard of Southern Living magazine's contest and decided to enter just for fun, taking third for this cake recipe.
She said her thoughts immediately went to her favorite Christmas flavors. “For some reason, all I could think of were drinks. I love hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps in it.”
Her cake consists of three layers of buttermilk chocolate cake that is filled with a fudge-mint filling, frosted with peppermint-tinged marshmallow crème frosting.
Delivery: 1 fat elf stuffed full of good cheer! Awww, come on; you know you are part of the I Believe Club. Take home a fat elf today!
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Romancing The Chocolate: Holiday Cookie: Double-Shot Mocha: From Denny: OK, never write a cookie post right before lunch. It all looks so good you want to rush into the kitchen and start baking! :) This cookie recipe is basically a dense brownie with pools of melting chocolate oozing out when you break them open straight out of the hot oven!
There are two cups of chocolate chips and chocolate chunks in this awesome recipe, certainly more than I'm used to baking. It's no wonder you can get your chocolate fix in one small cookie all at once.
If you have the discipline to wait until the cookie cools all those chocolate pools solidify into huge nuggets of gooey goodness. No one ever said these little chocolate gems would last long in your house - or mine!
Enjoy the profound Peace of the Christmas season!
Thursday, December 6, 2012
|Dachsund (Photo credit: stirwise)|
Dennys Funny Quotes: Funny Video: Happy Dachsund Plays Fetch With Machine: From Denny: Check out this hilarious dachsund playing fetch with his own play machine in the hallway of his house. He knows exactly how to place the ball into the machine and when to start running to catch the ball as the machine winds up to throw it.
At the end of the video enters the family's little baby, sitting in the hallway, having fun stuffing the machine with a ball. Then the dog brings another ball to place in the machine. He politely waits for the baby first. When the dog starts running to catch the ball down the hall the baby starts laughing. Definitely in the Too Cute category.
The man about town: introducing the infamous Louie! - more pet names available, check it out!
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Romancing The Chocolate: Christmas Gift Recipe: Peanut Butter Fudge: From Denny: This is an easy unique way to cook fudge - in a slow cooker! What fun, a super simple fast recipe! It has our name all over it and think how you can make up many batches of this to give as hostess gifts at Christmas parties or other seasonal gift giving.
It's also a kid friendly recipe it's so easy to do. You cook the fudge on High in the slow cooker for about 20 minutes total and then pour it out into a pan lined with waxed paper. Place in fridge to cool and harden.
Santa loves the music of the season!
|StopThePipelineRally7.RRITC.WDC.7October2011 (Photo credit: Elvert Barnes)|
Now progressives are unhappy with her. Why? Because of her strong ties to the $7 billion XL Pipeline project to deliver filthy oil tar sands clear across America to the Texas oil refineries. That mega-project tunnels under a precious underground aquifer - the only fresh water source for up to half of the entire country.
Turns out Amb. Rice owns a huge amount of stock in TransCanada Corp. - up to $600,000. She also has millions of dollars of stock in other energy companies that invest in oil tar sands like Royal Dutch Shell and Suncor.
Then there are the investments in the Canadian banks that provide loans for these energy company projects. Think someone has a vested interest in making her Sec. of State?
Why is this a big deal?
Read more - click on link: A Truth Journal: Warning: Danger Ahead If Proceed To Susan Rice Sec. of State Nomination:
Check out the beautiful envy of the neighborhood, a retro Halloween cat